added a comment - - edited
1. Database changes:
FIELD |profile_link |t_integer |'0' |NOT NULL |ZBX_SYNC
profile_link: pointer to one of profile fields, 1-N. 0 - not used for profiles. Numbering will match field number in table structure.
FIELD |profile_mode |t_integer |'0' |NOT NULL |ZBX_SYNC
profile_mode: 0 - manual, 1 - automatic
2. Configuration of item form will be extended to have an optional selection of a host profile field. If set, the item value will overwrite information stored in the corresponding profile field (for example, Device type, MAC Address, etc)
The selection will be available for items of any type except of value type 'Log'.
It will look like:
Use in profiles [X]
Update profile field [<here is a drop-down of all profile fields>]
This selection will be located before Description field
3. Template linkage should be extended to verify that there are no two items pointing to the same profile field.
4. It should be possible to change profile linkage even if an item is linked to a template.
5. Host profile may have the following states: Disabled - no host profile information available, Manual - manually entered host profile information, Automatic - linked fields are updated automatically, other fields can be manually modified.
The profile state is configurable on per host level as it is in 1.8.x
6. Host mass-updated will be extended to support setting of different profile modes (manual, automatic, disabled).
7. Not supported and Disabled items are treated as a normal items, i.e. the linkage will be preserved.
8. Item prototypes are not affected
9. If a host profile in Automatic mode and a profile field has a linkage, the profile field should be disabled, show actual value and display information about linked item (as a item name linked to configuration of the item).
N. New report will be introduced to display inventory information and number of hosts grouped by one of inventory fields.For example, grouping by OS: Linux: 450 hosts, Windows: 5 hosts.
The existing Inventory report will be extended to support this. Additional drop-down "Aggregate by" will be introduced to select a host profile field for grouping purposes. Only fields having varchar() type can be used due to performance considerations. By default, drop-down selection is set to <no aggregation>.
---------------------------------- will be introduced later