[ZBX-5454] Length of encoded subject violate RFC2047 : The subject part will be made "Mojibake" - failing MIME encode -, when the decoded subject length is over 75 bytes. Created: 2012 Aug 15 Updated: 2017 May 30 Resolved: 2012 Sep 07
|Project:||ZABBIX BUGS AND ISSUES|
|Fix Version/s:||1.8.16rc1, 2.0.4rc1, 2.1.0|
I discovered this problem in zabbix 1.8.3. However, I worry that in latest version have it yet.
Please Length of encoded subject make shorter than 75 characters with Email notice.
When you send message with the Email (media type), zabbix sending with MIME decoded Header like below...
This hedder is almost correct, but "Subject" is too long. "RFC2047" says as below...
An 'encoded-word' may not be more than 75 characters long, including 'charset', 'encoding', 'encoded-text', and delimiters.
I think the "Subject" part should be as bellow...
For Example: The case of microsoft exchange 2007
|Comment by Kodai Terashima [ 2012 Aug 15 ]|
I confirmed. Zabbix serve does not split mime encorded subject in 1.8 latest, and 2.0 has same code.
|Comment by Jairo Eduardo Lopez Fuentes Nacarino [ 2012 Aug 28 ]|
my name is Jairo Lopez, I have made a patch to solve the Mojibake issue and RFC2047 compliance for email subjects.
Attached is my first attempt at a patch.
I was working on a Zabbix 2.0.1 but the patch should be able to be applied with no major changes up to the 2.0.3rc1 version.
I thank for your time and hope to get feedback.
|Comment by Andris Mednis [ 2012 Aug 28 ]|
Thanks, Jairo, for your patch!
|Comment by Andris Mednis [ 2012 Sep 04 ]|
I took your patch as a basis for fixing the issue. Currently working on fixing 1.8 and modifying the patch to our coding guidelines. Thanks for your contribution!
|Comment by Jairo Eduardo Lopez Fuentes Nacarino [ 2012 Sep 05 ]|
I am glad the patch was of use!
I realized that my code was not fully compliant with your coding guidelines a couple of days ago. For next time I'll be more careful so that you guys have more time to check the thought process.
Thank you for the feedback and for taking time to look at the issue. I am looking forward to seeing the end result!
|Comment by Andris Mednis [ 2012 Sep 07 ]|
Fixed in development branch svn://svn.zabbix.com/branches/dev/ZBX-5454 (for 1.8 branch)
|Comment by Alexander Vladishev [ 2012 Sep 14 ]|
Please review my changes in r30223 and r30224.
|Comment by Andris Mednis [ 2012 Oct 05 ]|
Fixed in versions pre-1.8.16 rev.30670, pre-2.0.4 rev. 30675 and pre-2.1.0 rev. 30676.