Type: Documentation task
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 4.0 (plan)
Component/s: Documentation (D)
Sprint:Sprint 17, Sprint 18, Sprint 19, Sprint 20, Sprint 21, Sprint 22, Sprint 23
The mistake/typo in regex used in LLD rule may cause deleting of configuration/history/events for many hosts. For example, incorrect "File systems for discovery" regular expression may cause of deleting thousands of items/triggers and history/events.
It would be great to improve our documentation:
1. add "important" note about this after the table with filter description (https://www.zabbix.com/documentation/2.4/manual/discovery/low_level_discovery#discovery_of_file_systems)
2. add several additional, more complex examples in "Regular expressions" (https://www.zabbix.com/documentation/2.4/manual/regular_expressions):
- what logical operator Zabbix uses if there are several sub expressions. OR? AND? e.g.:
Will "database,name=report11" pass it?
- what about this one:
- some example with "?" or "*" metacharacters:
3. Add "Combined result" description to improve "Test" tab documentation (https://www.zabbix.com/documentation/2.4/manual/regular_expressions). What does FALSE mean?