Using LLD host discovery and SNMP items. Zabbix is configured incorrectly: initial host has only "Zabbix agent" host interface but discovered host items expect "SNMP agent" interface. The problem is that in this case instead of getting an error the discovered host is created without the configured template and the error message is only in Zabbix server log file, no error indication in frontend.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create template "Template SNMP" with at least one SNMP type item.
- Create template "Template host discovery" with LLD rule and host prototype.
- Link "Template SNMP" to that host prototype.
- Create host "host1" with default interface.
- Link "Template host discovery" to it.
- Using zabbix_sender send data for host discovery rule.
- Make sure the host is created.
- Now go to Templates of that host.
No templates are linked to discovered host.
No identification of an error in frontend.
There is an error message in zabbix server log file:
2535:20180209:021758.628 cannot link template(s) "Template SNMP" to host "discovered.host": cannot find "SNMP" host interface
The templateless host is not created and host discovery rule displays error in frontend.