Type: Documentation task
Status: Needs documenting
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Documentation (D)
Sprint:Sprint 41, Sprint 42, Sprint 43, Sprint 44, Sprint 45, Sprint 46, Nov 2018, Sprint 47, Dec 2018, Sprint 48, Jan 2019, Sprint 56 (Sep 2019), Sprint 55 (Aug 2019), Sprint 49 (Feb 2019), Sprint 50 (Mar 2019), Sprint 51 (Apr 2019), Sprint 52 (May 2019), Sprint 53 (Jun 2019), Sprint 54 (Jul 2019), Sprint 57 (Oct 2019), Sprint 58 (Nov 2019), Sprint 59 (Dec 2019), Sprint 60 (Jan 2020), Sprint 61 (Feb 2020), Sprint 62 (Mar 2020), Sprint 63 (Apr 2020), Sprint 64 (May 2020), Sprint 65 (Jun 2020), Sprint 66 (Jul 2020)
Current event tags and correlation documentation is very technical and not much useful for non-advanced users on how to use it. Besides, these 2 topics are separated while in reality most often you want to use both.
It would be great if there would be a simple real-world use case described completely from the very beginning to very end, using less technical language on how to set it up. Event correlation page attempts to describe it but first, you need to find it from event tags page + you need to have the log file / trigger configured.
It could be something like the following:
- Here is this log file with these log entries.
- Set up this item to monitor it, use the following item parameters.
- Make sure you are getting the data.
- Set up this trigger to identify issue:
- Add the following Problem expression.
- Add the following Recovery expression.
- Add the following Event tags, use the following regexps for tag values.
- Consider using global correlation if you have more than 1 trigger.