Type: Problem report
Affects Version/s: 3.4.14
Component/s: Agent (G)
Sprint:Sprint 43, Sprint 44, Sprint 45, Sprint 46, Nov 2018, Sprint 47, Dec 2018, Sprint 74 (Mar 2021)
I'm trying to get size of specified directory but exclude size of one subdirectory and files inside it. Directory structure looks like this:
I want to exclude whole 'archive' folder and all files in it. Based on documentation regex_excl is what I need.
regex_excl - regex describing the file, directory and symbolic link name pattern for exclusion (don't exclude any if empty; empty string is default value)
But using regex_excl with directory name only excludes size of directory file itself (i.e. 4096 bytes) but not whole subtree size.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create test directory structure like described above.
- Query size from Zabbix Agent
- With first request we get size of all files in target folder (/tmp/logs). du return same size.
- With second request we get size of all files excluding size of 'archive' directory file (3347012 - 3342916 = 4096 bytes). 'du' returns different result because it does not count size of files in 'archive' directory.****
- 3-rd request returns only size of 2 directory files: 'logs' and 'archive' all '*.log' files are excluded.
Based on documentation description I expect regex_excl operate same way as --exclude key of du utility, but it behaves in different, unpredictable way.