Type: Problem report
Affects Version/s: 4.4.4
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Server (S)
Environment:Ubuntu 18.04 / Zabbix 4.4.4
Recently I noticed that one of my discovery scripts (to discover PHP-FPM pools) started acting up where the frontend shows "Cannot create item: invalid value for preprocessing step #1: jsonpath was unexpectedly terminated.".
I have tried removing the data-item (as recommended) but this didn't help either.
Oddly, it does seem to receive data and create items and none are being removed as a result of not being discovered again.
I have checked the JSON and the validator says its valid.
Other discovery scripts work just fine, so it must not like something in the JSON input I am providing?
Steps to reproduce:
- Configure a discovery with:
- Type: Zabbix Agent (active)
- Update Interval: 1m
- No pre-processing settings
- No LLD Macro's
- No Filters
- Ensure the configured item key returns the following JSON output in a discovery:
- Discovery tab of the host shows an exclamation mark
- Logs show: