Steps to reproduce:
- Follow instructions from postgres to install postgresql on VM1 using postgres repo
- Follow instructions from zabbix.com to install zabbix 6.0.2 (install postgres client from postgres repo) on VM2
- I verified that VM1 could log into postgres server on VM2 using command as follows ```psql -h postgres3-vis.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com -d zabbix -U zabbix -W``` where -h i have my hostname
- I made the connection setting in postgres config files to ensure issue was not a postgress config in this file ```/var/lib/pgsql/14/data/pg_hba.conf``` I made this entry
- ``` host all all 0.0.0.0/0 scram-sha-256 ``` In ```/var/lib/pgsql/14/data/postgresql.conf``` I have this entry ```listen_addresses = '*' ```
- I made sure /etc/zabbix/zabbix_server.conf had correct parameters for DBPassword, DBHost, DBUser, DBPassword etc.
- it is impossible to get passed the database configuration on the UI, in my case http://zabbix3-vis.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com/zabbix/setup.php unless I disabled selinux on Zabbix host. All other install steps worked fine.
- /var/log/zabbix/zabbix_server.conf gave no indication as to why and postgres log files show absolutely nothing /var/lib/pgsql/14/data/log/postgresql-Tue.log
The only way to get past this issue was to run these command on the zabbix host
sed -i 's/SELINUX=enforcing/SELINUX=disabled/g' /etc/selinux/config
See log file...
See memory dump...
See attached patch file...