For the monitoring of our Kubernetes cluster I configured everything according to these instructions:
At first it discovered everything just fine.
Now that everything is discovered, if the host with the "Kubernetes nodes by HTTP" template is enabled there are many problems:
- Data gathering for all hosts just stops, even for non Kubernetes hosts
- One preprocessing worker runs non stop with 100% CPU utilization
- After a while the preprocessing manager also runs on 100% CPU
- RAM filling up over time with the preprocessing manager
- No other preprocessing worker seems to do anything
This goes on endlesly if I don't disable this host and restart the server.
When the host is disabled everything else runs smoothly.
I tried different amounts of preprocessing workers and gave the server more RAM to test if it helps but the problems stay the same.