Steps to reproduce:
- Installation of Zabbix 6.0 LTS based on installation instruction with configration:
- Zabbix Version: 6.0 LTS
- OS Distribution: Cent OS
- OS Version: 8 Stream
- Database: MySQL
- Web Server: Apache
- Install template based on instructions: https://git.zabbix.com/projects/ZBX/repos/zabbix/browse/templates/db/mssql_odbc?at=release/6.0
- Configure odbc driver to use Microsoft Driver
- Add to host with MSSQL ODBC Template
- Test connection from Zabbix server over isql is successful (isql -v Sx***.domain.local zbx_monitor password).
- Open Host (Sx**.domain.local) with SQL template attached in Zabbix (Configuration->Sx**.domain.local) -> Discovery -> MSSQL by ODBC: Database discovery and click on Test button and Get Values button with error :
- Cannot connect to ODBC DSN: [SQL_ERROR]:[HYT00][[unixODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Login timeout expired]|[[unixODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]TCP Provider: Error code 0x271D]|[[unixODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishin]
- Same issue shows also with Driver 18 or with FreeTDS even isql works correctly.
Query over Zabbix ends with error even ODBC is working as i can connect to the same server over isql.
When i tried to install Zabbix 5.0 LTS ODBC query with Get Values button was successful.