6.4.2, 6.4.3, 7.0.0alpha5 (master)
Tested under: OEL 7-9/RHEL 7-9/CENTOS 7,8, x86_64
Packaged: via official RPM and self compiles
Agent2 Versions Tested: 6.2+ unti 6.4.3
Sprint 104 (Sep 2023)
There seams to be a Memory Leak in Agent V2 version. How massive it is, will depend on how many logfiles and aggressivly are going to be monitored.
Currently we need to restart the Agent multple times a Day.
Tests already tried:
- Disable/Enable Agent encryption, no change
- BufferSize = 1, will slow the issue
- Work with PersistentBuffer, no change
- Increased Plugins.Log.MaxLinesPerSecond to 150,500,1000, no change
- reduced to one Logfile in Monitoring (it needs some time, but also increased slowly) ~1h
- memleax says:
watch -n 1 "pmap -x $(pgrep zabbix_agent2) | tail;echo; ps -Tf -p $(pgrep zabbix_agent2) | wc -l"
Check the RSS and Dirty Value, both increases slow, but steadily. The usage is slightly wobbeling around +-2MB.
Steps to reproduce:
Enable Logfile Monitoring, wait some time ~5-15min
The Memory Usage RSS & Dirty according to pmap will report massive Memory Usage Values. Depending on how many Logfiles are monitored, ivh seen the following Memory Values:
- 24h ~ 500M-1,5G
- 14 Days ~ 15-20GB
Today tested (see Discord Link). Same Test under Agent V1 will not result in any Memory issue.
A stable Memory Usage, Less than multiple 100MB.
Switch to agent v1