Uploaded image for project: 'ZABBIX BUGS AND ISSUES'
  1. ZABBIX BUGS AND ISSUES
  2. ZBX-3339

Translatability of Web check in frontend is very bad.

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Incident report
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.8.4, 1.9.1 (alpha)
    • Fix Version/s: 2.1.0
    • Component/s: Frontend (F)
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      after merge ZBX-2647. branch 1.8, trunk

      Description

      Follow up from ZBX-2647

      Suppose that the text for the legend in Web check have been translated and are available in the Ukrainian locale.
      For the 1.8 branch - if i open Web scenario and press Save button, then in "green" Detail section i see that several items are updated.
      If my GUI in Ukrainian mode then the Description of all items are updated in DB with Ukrainian text. If the GUI in English mode - with English text respectively.

      newly created scenario from branche 1.8:
      mysql> SELECT `description` FROM `items` WHERE `type` = 9;
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      description

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Download speed for scenario '$1'
      Failed step of scenario '$1'
      ????????? ???????????? ??? ????? "$2" ?? ???????? "$1"
      ??? ????????? ??? ????? "$2" ?? ???????? "$1"
      ??? ????????? ??? ????? "$2" ?? ???????? "$1"

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      5 rows in set (0.01 sec)

      For the trunk this is not happened. After press Save button i see only "green" 'Scenario updated' message without any Detail.
      For trunk it works only for newly created steps - see picture 'web_check_Ukr-GUI.png'.

      You can test all of this with fresh Ukrainian localization files after an ZBX-3338 will be merged.

      All of this looks very illogical.
      The main thing of my requirement - Localization should not be tied to the database data!

      I've registered issue for the two branches because the problem is present in both.
      I understand that to fix this you need to pretty much remake the code. Therefore, probably will make sense to fulfil it just for trunk branche.
      At your discretion.

      p.s. I almost went crazy until I realized what the cause of the problem

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            zalex_ua Oleksii Zagorskyi
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: