During conversion of the database to v2.0 I get the following error:
ERROR 1304 (42000) at line 1311: PROCEDURE zbx_convert_operations already exists
Failed to patch Zabbix database. Restore from backup
I think the reason is that "DROP PROCEDURE zbx_convert_operations" failed, but there was no error message for that. First I ran the patch script as database user zabbix. I had no idea how to fix the privileges, so I restored the database and re-ran the patch script as database user root. That worked just fine.
It would save a lot of time if the patch script would check for sufficient privileges to run before running into an error.