Exchanging zabbix templates or external check scripts is currently a real pain - the wiki page contains lots of bad and outdated templates.
From my point of view zabbix will not elevate to a higher level of distribution without this
The zabbix website should have a area to exchange zabbix templates and external check scripts in a comparable way of nagios-exchange.
From my point of view, that website should provide the following features:
- users should be capable to add their templates/external check scripts by their own
(name, description, categories, download url, sourcecode repository, ...)
- link to recent templates/external check scripts in sourcecode repositories
(i.e. github, self hosted svn and git repositories, ...)
- link to detailed documentation in sourcecode repositories
- searching for suitable templates
(full text search, tags, ...)
- users should be capable to rate and comment
(to help users to find out details about the quality of the templates/external check scripts)