In user profile frontend messaging form, when messaging is enabled, user can select a sound for various trigger severities. There is an option "no_sound". In user interface when there is a an option to play no sound, there should not be any play and stop buttons. Currently "no_sound" is kind of a hack that plays no_sound.wav file which is empty. Extra file takes about 5,75 KB of space, and each time it has to open and read the file.
What needs to be done and could be done here to improve this "no_sound" option:
- when user chooses option "no_sound", buttons play and stop should be hidden (or disabled);
- extra file with empty sound could also be removed;
- when showing message to user and playing sound, there is no need for "mute" and "unmute" button, if that is only severity and there is no sound to play;
- "no_sound" can be translated to "No sound" or "Don't play sound" or something similar, that tells user, that this trigger severity will not play sound;
- clicking trigger severity checkbox should also enable or disable select box and buttons;
- Firefox has a small bug where select boxes and moved 1px lower (see attached image);
- trigger severity "Recovery" is not an actual severity, it could probably be separated from other options.