(16) documentation :
- performance improvements in whatsnew
- template changes in template change page & upgrade notes
- fixed template uploaded to templates page
- logging changes in whatsnew (anywhere else ?) - r51886, maybe others
Andris Zeila For now
only 2.2 documentation was is updated. The changes in r51886 affected the new code, so no logging changes were made there.
Virtual machine monitoring:
VMware monitoring item keys:
Martins Valkovskis I fixed some typos, so it looks ok to me now for copying to 2.4.4 documentation.
- added note about recommended value for StartVMwareCollectors in configuration
- added bit more information in details
- fixed vmware.hv.fullname key in vmware keys (was vmware.hv.full.name)
- added link to vmware configuration in whatsnew
- added link to vmware configuration in upgrade notes
Andris Zeila, Could you please add units for vmware keys description where there are Integer return values?
Other than that looks good, please review my changes.
Andris Zeila Added units, fixed datastore read description, marked default modes
<dimir> Looks good except for vmware.vm.vfs.fs.size[<url>,<uuid>,<fsname>,<mode>]. According to http://pubs.vmware.com/vi30/sdk/ReferenceGuide/vim.Datastore.Summary.html this is bytes/% right? Perhaps we could add (bytes/%)?
Looks good to me, CLOSED
<richlv> looks like updated templates have not been uploaded, REOPENED
additionally, upgrade notes page does not explain how the issue in an existing template could be fixed
Andris Zeila RESOLVED
<richlv> 2.2.9 upgrade notes now mention this change twice;
2.4.4 upgrade notes still do not explain how to fix the issue
Andris Zeila Yes, I think it's worth mentioning this change together with the rest of vmware changes and we have to write about it also in Template changes.
- it seemed highly confusing that we had less information in one section, more in another - i unified them in the "template changes" section, as that change did not actually change the way vmware monitoring itself worked. i also changed plural to singular in the "import" suggestion.
- regarding the templates on zabbix.org, there is also the same template for 2.2.6, which implied that it got changed in 2.2.6. which issue changed it for 2.2.6 ?
- the changelog entry probably should have the template component set ?
Andris Zeila Thanks,
ZBX-7621, right - forgot.
Andris Zeila Changelog updated for 2.2, 2.4 and trunk
<richlv> a discussed on irc, apparently some items changed from kb to bytes, too. we should separately list items that changed in the templates, and items that will now return different data
<richlv> this subissue has grown a bit too large, so it will be split up :
19 - uploading of the templates
20 - changelog entries
21 - changed items in templates and items that will return different data now
<richlv> i bolded item keys in whatsnew entries. besides the issues that have been split out (see above), i believe this subissue is now CLOSED