Typical Use Case
Operators do have reasons for disabling triggers, such as some host using a standard template but for some reason suppose we know that host has some problems on a particular service, we are willing to live with that and don't want lots of alerts coming.
In places like the "Overview" when just casting an eye over it all, probably we do NOT want to see those disabled triggers (same as current behaviour) but when carefully double-checking exactly what has been disabled on the whole system, it would be nice to have a check-box to allow that to be visible in one place without needing to jump into each host page one by one. This gives the operator confidence that nothing has been forgotten.
- Go to the Monitoring/Overview.
- Select the Group, and Type "Triggers" from drop-down options.
- Near the place where it says "Show hosts in maintenance" would be another tick box "Show disabled triggers".
- If not set (default) gives same behaviour as current system – disabled triggers become completely invisible from the list.
- If tick box is ticked, then extra items appear below with some unique colour representing disabled triggers.
Same idea for the Monitoring/Triggers page which uses the same filter.