Steps to reproduce:
- Upgrade to Zabbix 5.0.x
- See the changes of
ZBXNEXT-5694in Zabbix Frontend
- See the Web Navigation became a lot more complicated
- See that others feel the same:
Result & Explanation:
I really(!) like the new Monitoring -> Hosts view, but it has it downsides, as it feels unfinished in some use-cases.
I especially miss the old direct way to navigate to Monitoring -> Web. I find it rather complicated to navigate to it now. I think that it's especially annoying, that when I go from Monitoring -> Hosts to the Web monitoring, it's only possible to navigate there, with a pre-selected filter, from the host that linked me there.
So I now have the following work flow (as an example):
- Go to Monitoring -> Hosts
- Click the Web link on any host listed there
- Switch to the Web monitoring view
- Reset the filter, because it filters on the host that got me here
- Now I filter for the Hosts Group that I'm really looking for.
This is very counter-intuitive.