Thread corresponding problem/ok events in e-mails
A media script is used for messaging and recovery messages are enabled. In the case of a recovery message, the script parses the message body for a unique identifier, namely the eventid of the preceding problem event. This unique identifier is used as Message-Id in the mail header.
E-mail clients can present corresponding events in a threaded way. Users can easier recognize the current state of an issue – especially if they lack access to the frontend for some reason.
- New function DBget_trigger_event_problem() in expression.c to obtain the problem's eventid
- New macro definition and fitting else-branch in substitute_simple_macros()
- Does this approach work reliably for multiple nodes?
- Could this be integrated with Zabbix' SMTP messaging?
- Will it play well with escalation? I suppose you'd have to use value_changed too.
Other possible applications:
- Issue trackers