Current implementation of services was designed long time ago, it is rather limited and has significant limitations. Major limitations are:
- scalability: it does not scale well, also bad user experience when number of services exceeds few hundreds
- hard to configure: mapping based on triggers does not work well and requires significant effort
- very limited visualization: no graphical representation of services, no good reporting
- limited SLA calculation rules
- no alerting in case of service status changes
- user permissions: all or nothing
Proposed functionality proposes new way of mapping problem events and service, thus making configuration and maintenance of services much more straight forward.