In the majority of cases templates define host's behaviour in such crucial areas as data collection and alerting. Yet, template configuration is located in a separate tab of Hosts configuration screen and is not visible by default. We should improve the usability of Hosts and Templates configuration screens by moving template configuration to the first tab. Additionally, Host prototypes screen could benefit from moving host groups from a separate tab to the main screen.
- I want to view and manage templates on the Hosts, Templates and Host prototypes configuration screen without extra navigation.
- I want to view and manage groups on Host prototypes screen without extra navigation.
- Template changes in configuration screens:
- Templates tab (Linked templates tab in Templates) must be removed from Hosts, Templates and Host prototypes
- Templates selector must be placed on the first tab of these screens after Groups
- It must look similar to Groups selector (as used in Hosts) but have two action icons (see mockup below)
- The icons must correspond to Unlink and Unlink and clear actions
- The icons must have tooltips
- Group changes in Host prototypes screen:
- Groups tab must be removed from Host prototypes
- Groups selector and Group prototypes table must be placed in the Host tab after Visible name